The past couple of days we have been seeing an increase of auto accident patients due to the icy roads. Here are a few tips to help you through the winter months.
- If you do not feel comfortable driving in bad conditions don't. Stay home.
- Make sure you clear all the windows on your car before you leave your house.
- Make sure everyone in the vehicle is wearing a seat belt
- Go easy on your brakes
- Watch your speed, there is no need to be racing around in the ice or snow
- If you begin to slide turn your wheel in the direction the rear of the car is sliding
If you are unfortunately involved in a motor vehicle accident, get checked. Whiplash can lead to other long term problems in the spine.
Here is a link click here to a article for some safe driving tips.